Rust server down?

General topics

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:36 am

Rust server down?

Hi there

I notice nobody uses your forum, but I thought i'd give it a shot.

The rust server has been down over 12 hours and I am so addicted to your server, I need my fix. Lol so please tell me when it'll be up!

Thanks so much <3

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Rust server down?

Well the forums are new and I always check them so you came to the right place.

Last night we caught someone using aimbot by going around the map invisible and saw this guy trying to shoot thru rocks and locking on and shooting invisible admins. When we banned him he ddos the server which forced HFBservers (the company we host with) to blackhole the IP for 24 hours (null route).

We find this to be a cheap way to deal with ddos and is not acceptable to us. We are currently in contact with other companies about hosting options that involve REAL ddos protection not just cheap null route for 24 hours to sweep the problems under the rug.

Either way we hope to have the server back up today.

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:50 pm

Awesome. I was going to maybe join another server, but have decided to make your server my home for good.

Will there ever be a wipe Havoc? Thanks once again.

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Our server is moving to a ddos protection server cause we raised some hell with the company we are hosting with. It will result in a new IP but I dont think the server will be wiped. Will see.

Either way ddos protection will be nice.

Post Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:28 pm

Rust server down

Vmmanager kvm runs on a host machine, I want to add a new node and change the host machine to another server. Is it possible?

Return to General